Sunday, July 22, 2007

time for a new update i suppose...

Well, Since Last post...
I Am Finally finished school, And I'm just waiting on the results of my final exam... I Have been working for free since may 22nd(doing work term for school, And When I was officially done my hours, I Kept going back to work without pay.. I didn't have to go, but I Figure dI was learning More, So Whatever...

Also, i got a job offer there, So I Wanted to learn more about how they run and such, and How to Use the debit machine and Computer and all that fun stuff....
Well, I was only suppose to be getting paid once I got my working permit, But Starting Last Friday, They put me on the pay roll, And I'm Actually... FINALLY.... getting paid for hairdressing...

My first official day at work went really well.. I kind of took it slow a bit, And only took about 10 clients.. (whcih Is A Lot More than I Would have taken At School in a week.. lol....) I Made 22$ in tips, so Pretty good for the first day....
After day one, We print off our receipt of how much we were making for the company and such, And The first day mine was at 11$ an hour....
My boss told me that eventually, If I was going to be workin there full time, She woudl like to see me bring it up to at least 17$ an hour.. She said Usually after a few MONTHS, That's when She would like to see me making 17$ an hour for the company.... I'm not going to be working there very long, but Oh well, I told her I'd do my best...

Day 2 of work... saturday... The Day went really well.. really busy.... And The Tips Were GREAT.... I made almost 40$ in tips alone... And By day two, I Was making almost 18$ an hour for the company... It was 17.86..... So What should of taken me months to achieve, I did it in a day!... I Was quite proud of myself... I don't think April knows yet, But I'll be seeing her tomorrow...

She Said It's going to be sad to see me go, because she doesn't want me to leave, because of how much help I have been and How much Work I have been doing... I told her If I ever Moved back home after I'm gone, There woudl be the first Place I would apply...
She Even told me That Some of my cuts were better Than Some one of the girls that worked there, who has been doing hair for like ever... Working with that company for 3 years....

What else... oh, moving plans.. I have a place to stay when I Move out to quebec... I Will be living with a few friends, And They said I only needed to start paying rent after I found a job.. rent will be 280$... April(who is my boss), Said That she coudl probably get me transfered to the first choice that's out in ottawa, but I have to see how far it is from the place I Am going to be living... So I will be looking for a job as soon as I get out there, Unless I Am able to get transfered to the first choice in ottawa....

It's patricks' birthday tomorrow, So He Is Going to come see me at work, because I work from 3 til 8, And he works from 8AM til 4:30 PM.. So He'll be seeing me at work...
Then I don't work on tuesday, So I'll be seeing him then too...

My passport hasn't come in yet, so PLans for new york aren't official yet... .We are definitely going sometime in august, but IT all depends on when my passport comes in, which Shoudl be before the end of july, which is what I was told... But April Has worked my schedual around my trip to new york, which is awesome... She Is Also Really good for working scheduals around things that You have to/want to do... like, Painting class on wednesday, I have a morning shifts so That I Can Go to the painting class at night.... Which Reminds me, A Ne wpost will be coming wednesday night or thursday night Of pictures of my newest painting that's soon to come....

anyways, That's all for now... I'm gonna go to bed, and Watch the oblongs until I fall asleep....
Hope to see/hear from everyone soon..
Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home