Wednesday, September 20, 2006

VF BLAMED FOR ONE MAN'S ACTIONS... It Makes Us All Look Bad.... Grrr...

okay, So I don't knwo How Many of You Who Read Have heard The Story, but in Montreal, Kimveer Gill Kills one 19 year old female, And injures 19 others when He opens Fire in school, Before Taking the gun to himself and taking his own life....

Now, Now Here Is My Problem.....

Kimveer Gill Was A Member of several different popular websites, including MySpace, and the One in Question, VF...

Why It's the only one in question... Well... Here's why....

Myspace and Vampirefreaks are two websites that i am Also a part of... Myspace has a more diverse culture of people, Where as Vampirefreaks, Is Mostly The "Goth" Culture...

Because Of this, And The Way Most People dress on that Site, And Because Gill Was A part of that site, EVERYONE on the Site Is Being put down by the Media, And Threats For closing down The Site are being made, Even Though the webmaster Spoke With Lawyers, And Everything They are doing is Legal, And The website will not be shut down....

The Webmaster, Jet, Shows His Sympathy for the Loss of The families in Montreal, And Feels bad for what had happened... Him, As Well As other Members of the site are Raising Money for charities, And Are Walking In The Childrens parade and So on... Yet, all The Nice Things That Some of The People from the site is Trying To do to help, Is STILL being put down by the Media, because of the one Incident that happened....
Reporter for the TORONTOSUN, Michele Mandel, Write An Article Telling The "FREAKS" from that Site to Stay away, When She Talks About The fundraisers and Such, Because The money that will be raised to help the children and the families will be raised by "freaks" and Will not be worth it...

"Now vampirefreaks.com wants to improve their blood-soaked image -- by hooking up with sick children. "
"Not surprisingly, after considering the matter for a few hours, Children's Wish told us they had no comment.
But we do -- they should stay home. "
"Despite all their claims to the contrary, the U.S.-based vampirefreaks.com has earned its sorry reputation. "

What are these people's problem?!?... people Are Trying To do Something NICE to HELP people, And yet, The Media Still Can't Accept that Not Everyone Who dresses in A different style of clothing Or Have The Same Lifestyle as they do, Are Not All bad....

Yes, I do Agree That A LOT of What A LOT of people On That Site Write Is Really immature and stupid, And they are doing it for the attention, but The people Who Actually Care, Who Don't Write immature posts or comments, who Don't Have Sadistic or Morbid Images on Their profiles from that Site (Which is The Majority, Not Minority), Should Not be put down by Not only the Media, but By ANYONE, For The Way They live their life or the way they dress...

Take Me for Example... Yes, I Do Follow A Different Lifestyle Than Most people, And I do Dress Different Than Most people, And I Do Wear a lot of Darker clothing, And Listen To "darker/louder" music, (even though I listen to pretty much everything)..... But For Those Who know Me, They Know That I Am a straight a Student, And I don't do Drugs, (yes, I have tried them, But I don't do them), And I VERY rarely Drink, And I Don't get into Trouble, And They Know I Would Never Hurt anybody intentionally, or even worse, KILL anybody....

And I Am Just one of the Thousands of People From That Website Who Should Not be put down because of the way I dress...

I Am Happy With Being Me.. I Am Happy With where my life is right now... yes, I Have My Down Times, But Who doesn't... Mainly, I Am Happy With Everything and everyone in My life at this point....

So Anyways, Those Are my thoughts on What's going on with the Shooting That happened in Montreal...

Any thoughts???... What do you All Think?.....

That is the end of this little rant..

I'm sur eI left out a lot of What I Was Thinking When I first read about it, But oh well.. That's all For Now... I have to go study for yet, Another test that I Have Tomorrow!....

6 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Blogger Blog U Say!!! said...

Hey Ned,

I agree 100%. It is not the wayor the music they list people dress en to that makes them a killer. There are defiantely problems in the world and I honestly think alot of the issues come from the media making there own decisions on what is right and wrong. Killing is definately Wrong but did the music or his cloths make him do it... Hell No.

I know I wont stop listening to my music and dressing the way I want(even the Andre the giant Costume) :~)

It really isnt fair that VF is getting bad media because of "one" of it's members but I am certain it's true members like yourself will stick by it and hopefully bring it back into a good light.
And should something happen it does go down at least you stood by what you believed and fought to the end for your rights.

Later,
Uncle Henry

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Lesley said...

This totally reminds me of when Dungeons & Dragons was the topic in question and people totally took it too seriously and started causing problems similar to the VF. It's not the VF though, it's just the deranged person that happens to be a part of it! You're right though, it does make everyone else look bad unfortunately!

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger asinforhim said...

thanks!!.. I will be Sticking To the Site until the End.. I've been there since 2002, And Still going..

And I rememebr The whole dungeons and dragon's thing...
Just like the Video game thing, And other movies, and A Whole bunch of other reasons That the media want to blame for these people's psychological issues..

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Some people can't except the fact that there are phycologially derrange people out there, or just plain mean and evil people out there. They need to blame it on something and those who are different make easy targets. Fair, Hell No, will it make them stop, unfortunaly the answer to that is also no. You will always have my support, after all, Candice is not that far off the freak trail herself.

 
At 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fact of the matter is that when something bad happens, everyone looks for someone or somewhere to point the blame. How can someone blame a website as the cause for some kids actions, when at the same time, the mass public sits back and watches shows on TV as "entertainment" like CSI & Law & Order CI, etc. that desensitizes everyone to blood, death, torture, violence, etc.? It is not just about one website, or one thing. It is about the entire culture and how people raise their children today that creates such problems. Not saying that every parent is a bad parent. But kids are influenced by everything and everyone and if one paticular kid decides to go off the deep end, while the others are seemingly OK, then it has to be looked at. There will always be leaders and followers in life. Kids will be influenced by bad things while they do not effect some other kids the same way. Either change the entire system...all of it..media, entertainment, TV, movies, websites, magazines, marketing, politics, etc, and make this world a better place, or shut up and stop pointing fingers. They have all contributed to the world we live in. For example, you have news broadcasters talking bad about goth culture, but turn the channel and you have a news broadcaster making money and getting ratings by hosting a show all about perverts who stock children to have sex with. And we sit back with our snacks and watch these shows as entertainment. We are all to blame for the world in which we live, so the finger pointing has to stop. Thinking that shutting down one website is going to fix anything is beyond stupid!

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger asinforhim said...

thank You Auntie Brenda... I appreciate It..

And Very well put Jen..
Thanks For The Comments!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home