Sunday, December 03, 2006

The importance of understanding...

..... I should be sleeping right now, But I just couldn't sleep... Pat And I Got to Talking, Which Got us both thinking....

***Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS or Aids) is a collection of symptoms and infections in humans resulting from the specific damage to the immune system caused by the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). The late stage of the condition leaves individuals prone to opportunistic infections and tumors. Although treatments for AIDS and HIV exist to slow the virus's progression, there is no known cure. HIV is transmitted through direct contact of a mucous membrane or the bloodstream with a bodily fluid containing HIV, such as blood, semen, vaginal fluid, preseminal fluid, and breast milk. This transmission can come in the form of anal, vaginal or oral sex, blood transfusion, contaminated hypodermic needles, exchange between mother and baby during pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding, or other exposure to one of the above bodily fluids.***

kinda Scary to think about it!

You Think it couldn't happen to you, but You never know... It Has Been believed for a long time that it was mostly homosexuals who got aids... But that's not the case.. Everyone and anyone Can get HIV/AIDS... in fact, It's changed to Mostly straight people being infected with This Virus. Because of how Much It Was brought on As a homosexual infection, Gay People tried Harder to protect themselves... Because Straight people didn't think it could happen to them, They aren't protecting themselves as much as they Should be..

The most common Way To catch this infection is Through sexual contact..
Before Patrick And I were sexually active with Each other, I have Been tested, And It came back negative.
Pat Wasn't as sexually Active As I Was Before We had met, And The Stuff that he had done with other people would be an Extremely slim chance to catch it, but not impossible... He's never been tested before...

Patrick Usually never got sick, but since he met me, He Was sick 3 times... (flu/colds/etc..) which kinda scared him... I have Only been sick once, When The flu was going around... I've never had any of the symptoms that a person who had HIV/AIDS would normally have.. (the flu being one of them).... It Scares me too though, thinking that maybe the results from the first test were false...

Patrick is the only Person I've been with in the last 11 months, And I'm the only person he's been with since then as well....

We both decided that It Would be a good idea to go get tested again... Just to be on the safe side...
I would be scared if i had it, but I would mostly be scared if Pat had it...
Mostly Because, Even though I've been tested already, I Would be Scared that it would of been my fault... And, I don't ever want anything bad to happen to him...
once We Both Get tested, I'll feel better...

I should go to bed now though, because it's 2:30 in the morning, And I have School tomorrow.... It's gonna be a long Day!...

1 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger Alberta said...

Getting tested is the responsible thing to do for yourself and your partner if there is any doubt!

Hopefully there will be a cure for this, cancer, Alzheimers and all those other nasties!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home